Experienced North Carolina Trusts and Estates Attorney
With 40 years of experience, attorney Morris W. Keeter possesses in-depth knowledge about all aspects of trusts and estate issues, including:
- Estate planning
- Estate tax issues
- Executorship duties
- Living wills
- Living trusts
- Probate and will disputes
- Will drafting and execution
At Morris W. Keeter, we can advise you on the best approach to your estate planning. We thoroughly analyze your estate and strategize the best means of transferring your assets, minimizing taxes, establishing guardianship for your children, supporting personal philanthropic causes and protecting your loved ones. We can draft a will that reflects your desires and establish living trusts, if beneficial to your estate.
We apply our extensive knowledge about the North Carolina probate court to guide you through the complex process of probating a will. We assist executors in all steps of the process, including:
- Creating a plan of action to probate the estate
fairly and expeditiously
- Filing the will with the North Carolina probate court
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Valuating the estate
- Managing and liquidating assets as appropriate
- Paying taxes and other debts
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring professionals and experts when necessary
When disputes occur between beneficiaries, we successfully represent your interests. We have the extensive knowledge to challenge invalid wills or to defend valid wills against the improper assertions of dissatisfied beneficiaries. We can negotiate between beneficiaries to preserve relationships or diligently pursue your rights in court when necessary.
Contact a meticulous estate planning lawyer at Morris W. Keeter
Call Morris W. Keeter at 704-810-2425or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.